Google is an Extremely Useful Tool to Find Anything That you Need in Just a Few Seconds
You use it, we use it, and most importantly: your customers use it and they are literally searching for products and services similar to yours.
In other words, they are ‘in the market’ to obtain what they are searching for – all they need is to find the right business for them.
If your business is prominent in the relevant searches on Google, potential customers will be more likely to discover your business, leading to an increased number of enquiries or sales.
How do you Become Prominent in the Searches?
There are two options: SEO or Google Ads.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a long-term strategy where we optimise your website around guidelines set out by Google. This takes time to increase your ranking in Google, however, as it often takes anywhere from 3 months to over one year to notice results.
Google Ads is the second option, where we set up and manage ads on Google where you pay per click each time someone clicks on your ad. The higher you are willing to pay per click, the higher you appear in Google.
In our experience, being at the very top of Google on page one is great, but customers like to look around the first page of Google before clicking on a specific search result. This means that your ad can be displayed along the right-hand side or the bottom of the search results page and you can still expect significant clicks on your Google ad – and it’s much less-expensive than appearing as the very first result on Google.
This is the tactic we typically opt for with the majority of our clients we manage Google ads for. Your budget lasts much longer this way and you still get the results you need.
How Much do Google Ads Cost for Each Click on Your Ad?
We can make any budget work for your business. If you can dedicate around £5 to £10 per day, this is a great starting point, and we typically see the cost per click for our clients’ Google Ads average out at around £0.25 to £0.80 per click.
If you are targeting specific searches that have a lot of advertisers, the cost per click does tend to be a little higher, but the approximate cost per click that you should be expected to pay will be provided when we carry out keyword research as part of the quotation we send you, where we determine what phrases and keywords people are typing in to Google to find businesses like yours and how much it costs per click to appear prominently for those keywords.
Statistic: Google Ad spend for businesses increased by 9% in 2019 to nearly $136 billion (around £123 billion), compared to 2018, “as consumers are increasingly using their phones for search requests”, meaning that potential customers are using their mobiles more than ever to find what they need and Google’s advertisers know it.
Your Website and Google Ads
Our expertise revolves around understanding the customer journey and a part of that customer journey is when the potential customer visits your website.
Part of our service is assessing whether your website needs any enhancements, as you can spend thousands on Google Ads, but if you’re not seeing any results, it’s probably because there are issues with your website.
If your website does not clearly explain what you do, if it loads slow, if it looks dated, if it’s difficult to contact you, if the customer cannot obtain the information they need, if your website is not secure, etc. these are all red flags to the website visitor and they will simply leave your website, resulting in you losing money for the cost of the ad click and the cost of losing the customer.
For best results, we recommend we redesign and manage your website or have access to it, so that we can make improvements to your website every month as part of our ad management service.
When we begin working with you on your Google Ads, we install Google Analytics on your website that allows us to see how visitors are behaving on your website:
• Do visitors leave on the first page they visit?
• Do they stay for only a few seconds before leaving the website?
• Do they visit other pages on your website?
• Does a specific page take a long time to load?
• What are the most visited pages?
• What are the least visited pages?
This is all information that we analyse each month where we identify which pages need improving and then implement those improvements, to achieve the best results from your advertising efforts.
About our Google Ad Management Service
We don’t just set up your Google Ads and leave you to your own devices – we take all of the hassle away from you and manage your ads for you.
- We monitor your ads to ensure they do not appear in the wrong searches (i.e. people looking to buy a car or to find a car repair business, when you are actually a driving instructor offering driving lessons), which saves you a lot of money because we can see where else Google is showing your ads in its searches and stop your ads from showing in searches that are not relevant to your business
- We ensure that the ads we create for you are running as efficiently as possible (meaning we’re always developing your ads to get the most clicks for your monthly Google advertising budget)
- Anytime you would like to promote a new product or service, we can create an ad on Google to boost awareness of the new product
- We install Google Analytics on your website to track website visitors (how long they stay on your website, how many visitors, how many pages they browse in one session, etc.)
- Most importantly – we provide you with a monthly report which details how your ads are performing and how your website is performing, and we suggest and implement improvements to your website, such as if we’re noticing that certain pages on your website have a lot of people exiting a certain webpage, we can investigate what might be wrong with that particular page on your website, as well any other improvements we can recommend based on the information we analyse. This is key to finding the weaknesses in your website that could be costing you enquiries
How We Set You Up with Google Ads
Our process for getting you set up with a Google Ads could not be simpler.
- We have a brief phone conversation to understand what your business is about, the geographical area you are looking to target and we then send you a quotation by email, including the keywords you should be targeting, what you can be expecting to pay per click for your ads and how many clicks you can expect to receive
- If you’re happy with the quotation, we get to work setting up your Google ads
- We then add your debit/credit card directly to Google’s billing system, so that they can bill you directly for clicks your ad receives and we then enable the ads to go live
All of the above can be completed within 2-3 days, so you could literally be advertising in Google in a very short space of time, where targeted, relevant potential customers will be clicking on your ads and visiting your website.
Learn More About
- Website Design
- Logo Design
- Site Maintenance & Website Security
Related Blog Articles
- How to Get Visitors to Your Website
- A Deep Dive on Creating a Website That Converts Visitors into Customers
- DIY Site Builders vs. Website Designers